Team Of Experts
The University of Toledo Medical Center staff includes board-certified physiatrist's who are physicians specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Steven Farrell, M.D.
John Kane, M.D.
|Tallet Rizk, M.D.
Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery / Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Medical Director of Spinal Cord Injury In-Patient Rehabilitation Program
Sharleen A. Suico, M.D.
Christian Wuescher, M.D.
Members of the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation faculty provide:
- Spinal Cord Injury Treatments
- Traumatic Brain Injury Treatments
- EMG and Nerve conduction studies
- Amputation Clinic
- Mobility Clinic
- Interventional Spine Procedures
- Botulinum toxin injections
- Peripheral Injections - Including ultrasound guided
- Trigger Point Injections
Other health-care professionals on staff include:
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Social workers
- Speech-language pathologists
- Therapeutic recreation specialists
- Vocational counselors
This respected and widely recognized team of rehabilitation professionals provides for a comprehensive approach to patient care. A number of these clinicians hold advanced certification credentials in their areas of expertise.
These include certifications by:
- Academy of Lymphatic Studies
- American Board of Neuromuscular and Electodiagnostic Medicine
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
- American Board of Professional Psychologists
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurses
- Hand Therapy Certification Commission
In addition, several clinicians are certified to provide specialized evaluation and/or treatment in the following areas:
- Behind-the-wheel driver training
- Functional capacity evaluations
- Lymphedema treatment
- Neurodevelopmental treatment (NDT)
- Vestibular rehabilitation
Our clinicians are committed to providing expert services to every patient in a caring and compassionate manner.