Gardner-McMaster Parkinson Center
The Gardner-McMaster Parkinson Center (GMPC) is dedicated to providing comprehensive, compassionate, and contemporary services to patients and their families diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders. Our goal is to make Parkinson's disease as insignificant as possible in the lives of our patients and their families.
Dedicated Neurological Care Specializing in Movement Disorders
- Serving as a resource for local and regional primary care physicians and neurologists.
- Offering second opinions regarding patients with challenging diagnostic and therapeutic cases.
- Comprehensive services to assure the accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders.
- Current and evidence-based interdisciplinary therapies along with opportunities for participation in clinical studies.
- Psychological, social work and counseling services to help with life changes, vocational decisions and caregiver stress.
- Rehabilitation services to improve and sustain mobility in order to maximize physical independence.
- Educational activities for the community.
- Wellness programs offering a holistic approach to daily living with PD.
- Support services, education and group activities for care givers.
- Multiple structured volunteer opportunities and services.
- Advocacy groups and community resources to assure services appropriate for the needs of patients and their families, coordinated with the Parkinson Foundation of NW Ohio.
- Interdisciplinary approaches to clinical research.
- Fulfilling the mission of The University of Toledo and University of Toledo Medical Center by educating future physicians, nurses, pharmacists, therapists and other clinicians how to diagnose and optimally treat those affected by Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders.
TO CONTACT THE CLINIC: 419.383.4405 phone 419.383.3073 fax
TO CONTACT THE RESEARCH TEAM: 419.383.6727 phone 419.383.3063 fax
THE GARDNER-MCMASTER CLINICIANS
Lawrence W. Elmer Md., Ph.D., Director
Krishe Menezes, MBBS, MD, DM, Assistant Professor
Mary E. (Molly) Scott, RN, MSN, FNP-BC
Kimberly Cole, DNP, MSN, RN
PATIENT SUPPORT TEAM
Kelly Kohler, RN
Nikki Rippke, MA
Roseann Shepherd, MA
Beth Weller, MA
CLINICAL TRIAL RESEARCH TEAM
Julia Spears, CCRC
Stephanie Wilson, RN, MSN, CCRC
SOCIAL WORK TEAM
Lisa Keaton, MSW, LSW
Kristen Schuchmann, MRC, LSW, LPCC
Click here to watch UTMC's Dr. Elmer discuss what to expect when seeing a movement disorder specialist — a neurologist who specializes in Parkinson's.