Pediatric Eye CareChildren require specialized eye care. Vision Associates has a pediatric optometrist, Dr. Nahrain Shasteen, who received several years of additional training in examing and caring for children. They frequently require specialized examination techniques due to their ability to cooperate and express what they can see. In addition to routine care for basic exams and glasses need, Vision Associates cares for children with misaligned or wandering eyes, eye problems associated with familial or genetic disorders, retinopathy of prematurity, inflammatory eye problems, etc. As the region's only comprehensive eye care group with specialists in various aspects of ophthalmology, from glaucoma to corneal diseases, UTMC's Ophthalmology department is uniquely positioned to care for your child's eyes.
- Routine exams, glasses and contact lenses
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Esotropia and Exotropia (crossed eyes or wandering eyes)
- Vertical strabismus (misaligned eyes)
- Diagnosis and management of congenital syndromes
- Juvenile cataracts and glaucoma
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Pediatric trauma care
- Evaluation and management of droopy eyelids
Vision Associates doctors are the area's exclusive providers for many of these conditions. We coordinate care with pediatric neurologists, pediatricians, primary eye care providers and other specialists.