Kidney Transplant Criteria
The University of Toledo Medical Center renal transplant team developed the following criteria as a screening tool for determining a potential renal transplant candidate. This is not all-inclusive and the final decision will be determined by the transplant surgeon.
- End-stage renal disease or progressive renal insufficiency
- Creatinine clearance equal to or less than 20 ml/min
- No active or ongoing cancers
- No active infections
- Reasonable heart function in a patient with known cardiovascular disease as determined by a cardiologist
- Reasonable pulmonary function in a patient with known pulmonary disease as determined by a pulmonologist
- Weight equal to or less than 35% BMI What is your BMI?
- No smoking
- No use of illegal substances
- No alcohol abuse
- Documented compliance with treatment modalities