PEN (Professional Excellence in Nursing)
The PEN program is for registered nurses working as hourly employees. It has been developed to provide the registered nurse with an opportunity for professional development and recognition of clinical excellence. Please note, if you hold two positions in different classifications, the criteria must reflect activities completed as a staff nurse and must show evidence of working the minimum number of hours associated with your budgeted position.
- PEN Program Description
- This is a detailed description of the PEN program and qualifications needed to enter to program.
- PEN Letter of Intent
- This form must be completed and signed by your director/manager as the first step of the application process.
Letter of Intent must be turned into nursing administration at least 3 weeks prior to deadline; once a letter of intent is received a mentor will be assigned.
- PEN Application
- For advancement into PEN III or PEN IV.
- PEN Renewal Application
- For all renewals for PEN III and PEN IV.
- Peer Evaluation
- To be printed off and given to peers for evaluation.
- PEN Clinical Ladder Reference Manual
- These are the guidelines for completing PEN applications.
- PEN Clinical Ladder Criteria Checklist
- This is a helpful guide to use when adding up your points.
- PEN Appeal Form
- Notification of denial for PEN advancement.
- PEN Sign in Sheet
- Attendance sign in sheet.
2017 Application Dates
- Spring Application Period
- Opens Monday, February 1, 2017
- Deadline is Monday, April 24, 2017 @5pm
- Fall Application Period
- Opens Monday, August 1, 2017
- Deadline is Monday, October 30, 2017 @5pm