Shining Star Nomination Criteria
Employees will be nominated based on behavior that exemplifies UTMC iCARE standards and is an extraordinary effort.
Communication – I will commit to provide the clearest, most courteous and respectful communication possible with patients and patient’s caregivers by being sensitive to anxieties, disabilities, and language needs, as well as, providing absolute clarity and confidentiality in communicating with fellow healthcare providers.
Access – I will commit to provide convenient ease of access to patient care and information that is efficient, timely, and meets the expectations of the patient and family.
Respect – I will commit to treat each patient and their family member with dignity, while protecting their confidentiality and apologize for delays in care or appointments as soon as necessary and possible.
Excellence – I will commit to provide distinctive excellence that supersedes self-interest with the attitude and behaviors that recognize that we are all on the journey of excellence. This approach shall permeate all of the interactions with patients, families, and colleagues.
1. Nominee must be a representative of UTMC or UT Physicians.
2. Nominees must exhibit behavior that exemplifies UTMC iCARE Standards and is an extraordinary effort.
3. Employee may have no active disciplinary action.
4. A selection committee will review nomination forms submitted each month and if appropriate, choose four individuals who were most deserving based on iCARE Standards.
5. Nomination forms are available through the clinical portal, on the iCARE webpage, or in various locations throughout HSC.
6. Nomination forms can be dropped off at the welcome center desk in the main lobby, in any of the suggestion boxes throughout campus or sent via interoffice mail to MS 1052.
7. Individuals selected for the award will receive the following:
a. Shining Star Trophy
b. Prepaid Visa/MC giftcard
c. Highlighted via electronic media on HSC