Welcome to Rocket Pediatrics
Our pediatric practice is staffed by pediatricians and nurse practitioners who are faculty of The University of Toledo (UT) College of Medicine and Life Sciences.
Our faculty providers have been recognized as outstanding caregivers and educators, and we practice pediatric care that is based on the most up-to-date information and clinical standards.
We are involved in the training of students of several professions, as well as our own pediatric resident physicians. Our practice has participated in the training of many of the pediatricians in northwest Ohio. We believe strongly in the principles of preventative health care, developmental and family support, and the medical home.
We provide the following services/procedures:
- Acute and chronic illness
- Evaluation and management of common behavioral problems
- Gynecologic care
- Immunization updates
- Nutrition assessment and counseling
- Routine physicals for school attendance, participation in sports and employment
- Partnered with Reach Out and Read of Northwest Ohio to provide books at every well check, ages 6 months-5 years
- A “get acquainted” visit can be arranged free of charge for you and your child, including prenatal visits
We offer two convenient locations:
- Ruppert Health Center, Suite 1300, on UT's Health Science Campus
- 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- 1089 Pray Boulevard, Waterville, Ohio
- 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with variable evenings, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Saturdays
UT Health participates in many health insurance plans and several governmental fee-for-service programs. Patients should always verify UT Health participation with their health plan benefit package prior to receiving health-care services. A full list of accepted insurance plans can be viewed here: uthealth.utoledo.edu/patientguests/billing/insurance
We accept most commercial insurances as well as Medicaid products. If you are considering our practice, please call for specific insurance information. We are committed to all children and will work with families who do not have insurance. Children serviced by Rocket Pediatrics practice can be admitted to St. Vincent’s Mercy Children’s Hospital and Toledo Children’s Hospital for inpatient care and the University of Toledo Medical Center for some minor surgical procedures.