Since 1964, The University of Toledo Medical Center has been serving the health needs of the Toledo community. Established as a teaching hospital to train the future physicians and medical professionals of the greater Toledo region, UTMC remains dedicated to providing advanced care and healing in a patient-centered environment. With access to the latest clinical trials and medical research we are committed to teaching the next generation of health-care professionals.
Each year, more than 300,000 people rely on The University of Toledo Medical Center to care for their health needs. By offering best-in-class specialties, better outcomes and expert physicians, nurses and medical technicians in a superior continuum of care, UTMC has played a vital role in the health and healing of the Toledo region for decades. And we’ll continue to play this role in the future.
Because UTMC is focused on advanced care and healing for our patients, we are proud of our recent and continuing accomplishments.
- Consumer Reports: recognized in 2016 as one of the highest-scoring U.S. teaching hospitals at preventing central-line infections between 2011-2015.
- Becker’s Hospital Review: one of the 100 Hospitals and Health Systems With Great Oncology Programs
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons: 2015 Outstanding Achievement Award
- American Heart Association and American Stroke Association: 2015 Get With the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Award
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation: 2016 Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality